The Jolly Poker Run, a benefit for Berkshire Bounty, had 70+ participants! Thanks to all our walkers & runners, Race Director Patty Spector for creating this special community event, and our generous gift donors Brava, Heritage Tavern, MacKimmie Co., Firefly, The Mount, Bousquet, The Bookstore, The Arcadian Shop, Lenox Fit, Shear Design, Berkshire Bike & Board, Bagel & Brew, Nejaime’s, Purple Plume, Shooz & Swtrz!
Donate Directly to Berkshire Bounty
About the Run:
- The Jolly Poker Run/Walk is a benefit event for Berkshire Bounty which collects donated food as well as purchases food from markets, local farms and other sources to supply local food pantries in Berkshire County as well as individual homes in need of support.
- Race Description: The Jolly Poker Run/Walk is a race and walk with a twist: All runners will make stops at five stations along the running/walking course to get a playing card. The card will be given from the top of the deck so the runners don’t know what card they will receive. Winners will be the fastest 3 male & female finishers AND people who collect the best Poker hands. Prizes will be gift cards to area restaurants and businesses!
- Cost of Registration for both the 5K run and 2 mile walk is $20 for adults and $10 for youth. This event is a fundraiser for a very worthy and much needed cause.
- Course Description: The 5K run course will start at the corner of Walker St and Kemble St across from the Lenox Community Center at 65 Walker Street. Runners will go down Kemble Street and turn right onto Frothingham Crossing. At the end of Frothingham Crossing turn right onto Old Stockbridge Road. Follow Old Stockbridge Road until you come to a volunteer directing you to turn right through a gate that will bring you up the back entry road to Shakespeare & Co. (This avoids the last steep hill on Old Stockbridge Rd). Follow the road through the Shakespeare & Co parking lots until you come back to Kemble St. Turn left on Kemble and head back up to the finish line across from Trinity Church. The finish of the race will be at the same location as the start.
The 2 mile walk route will start at the corner of Walker St and Kemble and go straight down Kemble St to the 1 mile marker. Walkers will turn and come back Kemble and finish in the same location as the start. The roads are open to traffic so use caution and be aware of cars. The race will use the wide sidewalk area all the way down Kemble Street, do not run on the road. Frothingham Crossing and Old Stockbridge Road do not have a sidewalk so run on the side of the road. Use caution when crossing Walker Street to and from the Lenox Community Center. Runners will bring their Poker cards to the Lenox Community Center to determine the best hands.
- Race Packet Pickup & Start: Race numbers can be picked up on Saturday from 8-9:30 am at the Lenox Community Center. The race starts at 10 am. If needed, parking is also available at the Shakespeare & Co parking lots on Kemble St.
- Last minute registration: At the Lenox Community Center on Saturday, 8-9:30 am. The cost is $25 for adults and $10 for youth 12 years and under.
- Refreshments & Awards: At the Lenox Community Center following the race with hot chocolate, homemade and donated goodies, all with a festive holiday spirit!