Resources for Businesses
To be alerted to small business opportunities, sign up to the mailing list of nonprofit LISC and their Small Business Services: https://www.lisc.org/covid-19/small-business-assistance/.
There is a LISC Small Business Rural Relief Grant that is now closed, but you can sign up to be alerted for when it re-opens. Email email@example.com if you have questions.
EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 13: Baker-Polito Announce MA Rollback to Phase 3, Step 1
Returning to the Workplace Safely Guide-A Resource for Employers
FOR BUSINESSES: LMI GRANT OPPORTUNITY FOR COVID RELIEF
Navigating the Payroll Protection Act resource from Eagle Bay Advisors
Small Business Survival Guide to Combat COVID-19 from Fin Impact
For Businesses: Town of Lenox Defers Late Fees & Interest on May 1st Tax Bills
Update from Finance Committee [Please note that the information below may no longer be current-it is kept here as a record of past activity]
There is a US Chamber of Commerce webinar that happens every Friday at noon ET. You will have to download an app for Microsoft Meeting so you may want to do that on your phone an hour before, you can register at:
LISC Small Business Recovery Grant Program for Massachusetts [APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED]
Deadline was April 24.
EIDL loans: you can queue with the SBA to request progress on your application:
If you filed March 30th or later, most of us in our area have not heard any response from SBA about EIDL application. Two Lenox businesses did get their SBA loans approved who filed around March 15 and completed the 4 forms.
We are waiting for the federal government to resupply the EIDL program as funds are low to gone.
Payroll Protection Program: PPP (see above update, as well)
Funds seem low or gone with this program today.
Those of us that did file a few weeks ago got confirmations from our banks about funds for PPP that may be in their system this next week.
The conf call I was on today suggested that EIDL funds not used for payroll would not be subtracted from PPP forgiven payments; but that still is cloudy with the process.
If you are a sole proprietor or single member LLC and took no 2019 payroll, you can still apply for PPP using your 2019 IRS Schedule C for your business. Banks are treating this application somewhat differently so talk to your bank manager.
Learn more about how the program works and how to apply at the Small Business Administration.
Local Finance Consultant offering
assistance at no charge.
For SBA application questions – Oren Cass, firstname.lastname@example.org
Loans will be handled by banks that lend to small businesses, so get in touch with your current lender or contact one of the local banks listed below.
Please contact you loan officer. Lee Bank is working hard to support the needs of our business clients affected by COVID-19. Please contact your commercial loan officer for more information on disaster relief options that may be available.
450 Pittsfield Lenox Road. Lenox, MA 01240
Phone: (413) 499-9922
Greylock Federal Credit Union
Vanessa Collins, Branch Manager
68 Main St. Lenox, MA 01240
Phone: (413) 637-4999
Local Business Support
- Small Business Administration
- Crowdfunding For Small Businesses COVID19 Initiative from Patronicity
- National Restaurant Association
- Mass Cultural Council
- Non-Profit Center of the Berkshires
- Empoweringsmallbusiness.org to apply to loan fund
- Blue Spark Financial is offering Free Financial Advice with a weekly Zoom meeting, Tuesdays at 4:30 pm. No question too small. Contact Maura Griffin at email@example.com
- Carol LeBlanc, CPA, is offering a Bookkeeping Catch-Up Service and Financial Forecasting Sessions. Sign up here.
Cultural Sector Resources from Mass Cultural Council
- Americans for the Arts
- National Coalition for Arts Preparedness and Emergency Response
- National Endowment for the Arts
- New England Foundation for the Arts
- Nonprofit Council of Nonprofits
- Nonprofit Finance Fund
- Performing Arts Readiness
- Philanthropy Massachusetts
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts are waiving their service fee for artists with crises related to COVID-19
Non-profits, Freelancers, Arts & Others